Wednesday, May 28, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 5, PAGE 28

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.

Oprah Winfrey

 

How true it is that, if we are cheerful and contented, all nature smiles, the air seems more balmy, the sky clearer, the earth has a brighter green. . . the flowers are more fragrant. . . and the sun, moon and stars all appear more beautiful, and seem to rejoice with us.

Orison Swett Marden

GOOD MORNING !

I’m back to work today. I’m sure the desk will be stacked with work to do and I’ll be tired out again at the end of the day, but I’m so glad I had the long weekend to enjoy with people I love and to get the rest that I needed.

It will be a short work week as we are already at ‘Hump Day’ . Our weather has turned cool once again but warming a little tomorrow. Rain is also in the forecast for Friday and maybe Saturday. I’ll be hoping that it changes again before the weekend.

I have to say that I am one ‘contented’ lady after my long weekend. It would be a grand thing if that feeling could last all week long.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

PRAISE

Oh, tell us, poet, what do you do?

I praise.

But the deadly and violent days,

How do you undergo them, take them in?

I praise.

But the nameless-how do you raise

That, invoke the unnamable

I praise

What right have you, through every phase,

In every mask, to remain true?

I praise

-and that both stillness and will affray

Know you, like star and storm?

Because I praise.

Rainer Maria Rilke

Translation by Denise Levertov, Light Up the Cave

No one is certain what tomorrow will bring. And yet you can always be certain that whatever it is, the best way to prepare for it is to live today with purpose and passion. You are rich beyond all measure because you have this day to live. Celebrate your good fortune by truly making it great.

Ralph Marston

Here’s wishing

That each day of yours

Be BRIGHT

And BEAUTIFUL!

MA

 

 

graphics by:

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it would be wonderful if that feeling could last all week!!  Lets try to see if we can do it?  Linda

Anonymous said...

Purpose, passion and praise.....truly words to take heed of.  Thank You.

Anonymous said...

It's me, here for my daily dose
of inspiration!  I need that boost
to begin the day, and I am lazy
enough to let you find the words
to inspire me.  (You do such a
good job,  Thank You.)  Pat

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration each day Pam ,On thinking about it I am quite content too ,hope work wasnt to hectic for you ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hope your work isn't as tiring as usual. Yes, you all looked like you were having sooo much fun! :-) We have had a lot of rain here too. Why is it when we are having fun time goes by so quickly?? lol Have a wonderful week with blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling refreshed ready for your week ahead, and I hope there wasn't TOO much work waiting for you!  Pat

http://journals.aol.co.uk/pm71blackfen/ramblings-from-pat/

Anonymous said...

Happy it was a short day for you....enjoy that rain..please pass us some!!!  
Hugs and love,
Joyce