Monday, May 19, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 5, PAGE 19

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.

Oprah Winfrey

The fire is the main comfort of the camp,

whether in summer or winter,

and is about as ample at one season

as at another.

It is as well for cheerfulness

as for warmth and dryness.

Henry David Thoreau

GOOD MORNING !

I’ve wonderful news to share this morning. Yesterday when I was going out to breakfast with DD and her hubby, I got a call from the geek squad. There was nothing wrong with my computer except….that it needed more RAM.

For a few $$$ they could up grade my computer and I could pick it up in a few hours. With out any hesitation I say yes, and I picked it up on my way home Sunday evening ! With a little help from DDIL#5 I got everything plugged in and working. Now isn’t that good news!

I thought so anyway.

This will be a week that was at work for sure. I have payroll today and on Friday due to the Monday holiday next week. These Monday holidays mess up my week since we started doing payroll on Mondays.

After Friday though , I’ll be on a long 4 day weekend. Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. I took a day of vacation to add to the long weekend and I will be loving every moment of it.

God willing and the creek don’t rise, it will be a nice break. I cannot say enough about the benefits of my weekends away. There used to be weeks go by that I had no hugs, now every weekend is full of them. That is something you can only appreciate to the fullest when you haven’t had one in awhile.

And talk about SMILES…the weekend is full of them too. There are no unhappy campers in our group.

Life moves fast. Make it count.

CELEBRATE!

 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

To poke a wood fire is more solid enjoyment

than almost anything else in the world.

Charles Dudley Warner

Here’s wishing

That each day of yours

Be BRIGHT

And BEAUTIFUL!

MA

 

graphics by:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning!   That was very good news!  So glad
that your puter problems are solved.  I am glad your
camping is going so well.  We had a wet weekend
here.  And very cool.  Not good camping weather.
I was hoping it was favorable for you.  I am enjoying
it vicariously through your posts.  Blessings,  Pat
from Roses rambling.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww it's great news to read your computer is back with you and has had an upgrade.I am so pleased for you.Wow!! wonderful you will get a longer break this weekend.I too hope to go on one.Minus  the All Fall Down  this time He-He.I went away this week/end for a change and ended up looking at caravans (Campers ) as you say in USA.I shall have to pop in some pics .When AOL decide to be kind to me.I have had lots of problems with them this last week inserting posts and pictures Grr.Until I gave up.Still there are worse thiings I am managing to comment and read which is one good thing.Yes the hugs do make a differance when one is alone so much at home I do agree.Have a lovely Monday and I hope your workday goes well.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Enjoy that long weekend!  Linda

Anonymous said...

WOW when you said that about not having hugs it hit home! I totally understand about that one!  What an added benefit to your weekend of R&R!! Hugs & MORE hugs!!
Your 4 day weekend sounds so wonderful! I know the week will fly as you look forward to it!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Good news about your computer!  I hope you gave DDIL#5 a big hug for setting it up for you! ~~ Pat http://journals.aol.co.uk/pm71blackfen/ramblings-from-pat/

Anonymous said...

Have been reading your journal but not commenting. So glad that you are having a wonderful time camping and great news about your computer. :-)  I sure do need a new one because I need more memory! Have a wonderful week with lots of blessings. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Pam I am so pleased all you need is a ram ,what a releif ,Iknow what you mean about the hugs ,Sorry I havent commented ,Ihave been reading though ,it has been so hard to sit and type as well ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome thing about having your computer fixed that easily.  And DDIL helping, I like that too.  I hope I'm considered a good DIL by my MIL.  
Enjoy your four day weekend!  

Thanks for always stopping by my journal and leaving uplifting comments too.  I love your visits.

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/Prayingandbelieving/

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the computer is home and better than ever!!!
Have a great week!
Linda :)