Wednesday, May 21, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 5, PAGE 21

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.

Oprah Winfrey

Re-Make Yourself

Stephen R. Covey, Priorities, Vol. 4, # 6

I promise you, as you choose to remake yourself, to see in new ways who you are and what you are capable of, to dedicate yourself to using body, heart, mind and spirit in living your life, you will open up windows of possibility within your life and within the lives of others.

Your courage will inspire others to be brave. Your model will inspire others to change. Together, the courageous change will create something worthwhile, something completely human.

GOOD MORNING !

Learning how to celebrate each day no matter the circumstance is not any easy thing to do. I know many have extreme problems and find it very hard to have anything worthwhile. The good news is that nothing lasts for ever and if we can remember that it helps.

I tell myself that every work day…this too shall pass. Getting older means that there are many things that you cannot do as well as you used to, and going to work 7-4 five days a week is something I find I can’t do as well.

Oh, I have no problem getting my work done, but then I have no energy left for anything else. I am really glad to get home each evening and just sit at my computer or if the weather is nice get outside a bit and enjoy my rocking chair on the patio.

Yet I do find blessings in each day and celebrate them over and over. Today I find my self very thankful for the fact that I have my health and that my family too is reasonably safe, happy and healthy.

I made it through the winter without even a cold. I still attribute the flu shot for that . 4 years now I’ve been getting it and I’ve really well all of those 4 years.

Well my coffee is gone and so am I…

I owe, I owe ,

It is off to work I go

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

On Inspiration

Daily Word, Jan. `91, p. 22

Inspiration is everywhere in life, but we need to recognize it. Whatever strikes a special chord of awareness within us will prompt greater accomplishments.…

Awareness is noticing the blessings that often get overlooked in our busy lives. It is waking up with a song of rejoicing in our hearts and taking that song with us throughout our day.

Gratitude for a special blessing can inspire us to look further and discover even more good in our lives. As we are inspired, let us also be inspiring to others.

By living our lives according to the truth as we know it, everything we say and do is uplifting.

Here’s wishing

That each day of yours

Be BRIGHT

And BEAUTIFUL!

MA

 

graphics by:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am "stealing" the summer tag..love the Oprah quote..so very true!!
hugs
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Work....................I hate getting up and going each morning also.  I have to be there at 6 and it just drives me crazy some mornings.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I get flu shots too. They seem to help. Have a great day.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

yes I tell myself I am blessed with many things when plenty goes wrong.I odn't have to get up for work but I am up at the crack of dawn each day being a very poor sleeper.Then again I have always thought it's then the beauty is all around.Which I once wrote a rhyme about.Tranquill peaceful and I love the early morn.One of my favourite hymns is below.Can you hear me singing it.LOL!!I am weary too by the evening time and come on the computer to relax a while. I couldn't have the flu injection living at the coast it was only given to those over the age of 65.
Though now back with my old doctors practice, I do know I shall get one this coming winter.Take Care Have a lovely week .As you know I am going away.God Bless I shall miss your postings.I have no computer over there,but will catch up next weekend.Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Morning has broken
Like the first morning,
Black bird has spoken
Like the first bird.
Praise the singing!
Praise for the morning!
Praise for them springing
Fresh from the Word!

Sweet the rain's new fall
Sunlit from heaven,
Like the first dewfall
On the first grass.
Praise for the sweetness
Of the wet garden,
Sprung in completeness
Where His feet pass.

Mine is the sunlight!
Mine is the morning.
Born of the one light
Eden saw play!
Praise with elation,
Praise ev'ry morning,
God's recreation
Of the newday!

Anonymous said...

I bet it is nice on your patio...rocking away.  Hope you enjoy your Thursday and may it be relaxed...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I use to go all day long and come home and run through the house doing things... now I am thinking.. how did I do it. lol Life is really different for me with my husband retired. We go all day and then by the time I get home I am too tired to work on the house. :-(  Hmmm guess if he can look at it.. I can too. lol Hope you have a wonderful week with lots of blessings. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

I am retired and wondering how I did all I did when I was working, and my hours often went way, way beyond 40 a week. I got my master's degree, took care of my mom when she was dying, raised a child, worked out several times a week, took care of a large home by myself - I get tired just thinking about it, lol!

xoxo