Sunday, May 18, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 5, PAGE 18 (evening edition)

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.

Oprah Winfrey

So much of unhappiness, it seems to me,

is due to nerves; and bad nerves

are the result of having nothing to do,

or doing a thing badly,

unsuccessfully or incompetently.

 Of all the unhappy people in the world,

 the unhappiest are those who have

 not found something they want to do.

 True happiness comes to those

 who do their work well, followed by

a refreshing period of rest.

True happiness comes from the

right amount of work for the day.

Lin Yutang

It's up to us to decide whether we're going to do the work we have very well, or do it to the least of our abilities. If we want to be happy, it seems, it's necessary for us to see the work that we do as important, and then to treat it as if it were truly important.

Taken from a Daily Meditation from http://livinglifefully.com/

Good Evening All!

I have once again returned safely home, thank the good Lord. It was another restful weekend at the campsite . I can only say that these weekends are my escape from work and I do rest 100% of the time.

The little quote above about doing your work well and taking time out for refreshment is so true. What a difference it makes.

I continue to go to the little church in the valley there and always feel at home and welcome there. Some how we were blessed by having rain only during the nighttime this weekend and had sun and clouds during the day. It was very windy though and I had to bundle up at times to keep warm, but it was still great.

Saturday afternoon I even sat in my swing with the beagle, stretched out and even had a little nap. The babes were laughing at me for falling asleep, but it has the same effect on me as my couch here at home. If I want to get something done, I dare not sit on the couch or I’ll fall asleep.

I hope you all were able to get some rest and relaxation as well as a little refreshment too. I certainly am a better person for all the R & R that I got. As always you’ve been in my thoughts and prayers.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

When you arise in the morning,

think of what a precious

 privilege it is to be alive

– to breathe,

to think,

to enjoy,

to love.

Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

When we focus on the privilege that we have of breathing the air of this planet and thinking our own unique thoughts and enjoying all this world has to give us, our lives take on a new luster, a new shine

Here’s wishing

That each day of yours

Be BRIGHT

And

BEAUTIFUL!

MA

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A nap on that swing sounds like Heaven on Earth to me! Glad you enjoyed yourself.
Pam

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a relaxing weekend and I can relate to the nap on the sofa too!

Thanks for the comment you left on my journal - I started WW AFTER I had my holiday by the way, I needed to! ~~ Pat   http://journals.aol.co.uk/pm71blackfen/ramblings-from-pat/

Anonymous said...

So happy you enjoyed your trip and you are home safe and sound...many hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Cant imagine anything nicer ,church ,then a little nap on the swing ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

A nap outside with the beagle - sounds very lovely!

xoxo