Tuesday, May 27, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 5, PAGE 27

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate

MEMORIAL DAY IS EVERYDAY

Memorial Day is special,

It comes once a year in May,

But I honestly must tell you,

I observe it every day.

How could this heart of mine forget,

Loved ones who've gone on,

No day is done - no night goes by,

I do not think of everyone.

It's fine to wave a flag and march,

And salute and stand erect,

My eyes brim over, I choke up,

I bow my head and pay respect.

I'm proud of every war time hero,

Those that returned and those that died,

And I ache for all those empty arms

That long to hug them to their side.

I always cry when I hear Taps,

I can't hold back the tears,

It doesn't matter when it's played,

Whatever day - whatever year.

I buy the Veteran's Poppies,

Which I fasten to my blouse,

I support each Veteran's cause,

And I fly a flag atop my house.

Memorial Day, of course, is right,

But it's everyday to me,

I think of loved ones who've passed on,

Every day I breathe.

Virginia Ellis

(This beautiful lady writes many many good poems and encourages others to share them. She writes from the heart and from experience you can tell)

Good afternoon !

I do hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend. I’m home from the camper .  I came home earlier than expected as a cool front and rain were moving in.  It's only 49 degrees here and that is hard to take as yesterday it got up to 80!  But I'm not at work and here at home I can use the time to catch up on a few things.

This evening one of our neighboring churches is having a special music night of PRAISE, so I’ll be going to that. I’ve never been to this church before and sadly it will be closing soon as their membership is not great enough to keep it going any longer.

It was part of an old ethnic neighborhood and most of those people have long since moved away. I even remember my Dad telling about how it was built when he was a young boy. Lots of memories there for lots of people and I thought I’d better go visit while it was still open.

It’ll be back to work tomorrow, but I’ll be ready for it. I got lots of rest this past weekend and am very thankful for the respite. I’ve put pictures in for you today that show pretty much how my weekend went. It was a nice little vacation.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Some memories are realities,

and are better than anything

that can ever happen to one again.

Willa Cather

Life moves fast. Make it count. CELEBRATE!

Here’s wishing

That each day of yours

Be BRIGHT

And BEAUTIFUL!

MA

 

 

graphics by:

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great time!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I love those chairs, wish I could find something like that here.
You guys really have a nice campsite.
beautiful grandkids too.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, looks like you had a great time at the campground, what fun.  Love the chairs and the cake looks delicious too.  Glad you had some time to relax.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so annoyed, I love looking at your photos and this time I can't see them!  I wonder why that is, if everyone else has seen them I may need to reload.
Glad you had a relaxing time anyway! Thanks for the comment on my journal!

Pat  http://journals.aol.co.uk/pm71blackfen/ramblings-from-pat/

Anonymous said...

Now I've seen the photos!  I'm quite envious that you've got a weekend retreat where you can catch up with all your family, you all look as though you have a great time! ~~ Pat

Anonymous said...

INNER VOICE:  "Thou shalt not covet Ma Rainey's camping."

My Voice:   "Isn't coveting wanting something that belongs
                  to someone else?  I do not want Ma's camper,  
                  or her family, or even her good times!"

INNER VOICE:  "Then why was your lip stuck out when you
                        saw her pictures?"

My voice :   "Because I want one too, beside hers, NOT HERS!"

INNER VOICE:   That's envy!  Thou shalt not..............

My voice:    "OK,  OK,  I get the message!  That sunset was the
                   final straw,   and the grand-daughters and the............

Anonymous said...

As you can see by previous comments ,we are all envious,its all so wonderful ,I love the chairs ,can you lock everything away when you come home? That upside down cake looked scrummy ,The poem by Virginia Ellis was wonderful ,'I always cry when I hear Taps,I cant hold back the tears 'I can so relate to that.I bet you enjoyed the church  .Hope work goes well ,a nice short week for you ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time.. great cooks and great entertainers. :-) Might check pix #6 because I could not see any cars. lol Thank you so much for the prayers for my daughter.  God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

What a great time is had at Camp Rainey!!!
I love those new chairs around the campfire... and my brother would fit right in with your sons and the golf cart and canoe, lol....
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Had to scroll down and find pictures....I just love the camp site and I know you enjoy this camping so much.  Gives me great joy seeing the pics.  I know I'd love it too (unless a storm came) - I'd have to have a hole in the ground for my tornado room.  LOL

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a wonderful family weekend :-)

xoxo