Friday, May 16, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 5, PAGE 16

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.

Oprah Winfrey

Feeling grateful to or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life.

Christiane Northrup

Gratitude is one of the strongest magnets in the world. When we feel and express our gratitude, then we're opening doors and windows through which many good things can flow into our lives. If we keep those doors and windows closed, though, we can count on not attracting to ourselves very many of the things that truly count in life, such as good people and good things

GOOD MORNING !

I’m so grateful that once again the end of the work week has come. It was a little stressful trying to deal with a broken computer, but I guess that comes with being a computer owner. Thankfully I have this nice little laptop that DS#4 fixed up for me. He is the one that also suggested I get the extended warenty on the new computer. I’m glad I had it.

I still haven’t heard what is up with it, but I’m sure the ‘geek squad’ will fix it up and by next week I should have it back. I’m off to the camper again as I will be every weekend until the end of October. It’s like I’m now living a double life. The weekend part is the much preferred fraction of course.

The weather is supposed to be very cool and chances of rain all weekend. Next week they are predicting a warm up. I’ll be glad to see that for sure. I dare not complain about the weather though as we have not had any disasters like some parts of our country and other countries have experienced. I pray for those dear people that have lost so much.

After wintering in the sunny south, my retired boss is to be back to Ohio today. He’ll be working with us as a consultant probably through most of the summer. Then he’ll retire south again. How nice to be able to do that. Well he is the owner of the company so I guess he can afford to do it.

I’ll be back with you all on Sunday evening for an update of my weekend. I hope you all will have a great one!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

How wonderful it would be if we could help our children and grandchildren to learn thanksgiving at an early age. Thanksgiving opens the doors. It changes a child's personality. A child is resentful, negative--or thankful. Thankful children want to give, they radiate happiness, they draw people.

John Templeton

Here’s wishing

That each day of yours

Be BRIGHT

And BEAUTIFUL!

MA

 

graphics by:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The laptop is a Godsend for you Pam.At least you are able to post to us.Extended warranty I always take out on anything I buy.I do feel it is worth it in the end.I hope the weather stays fine for your week/end away.It does make all the differance.You are heading into summer quickly though and liek you say yes we have to be thankful for small mercies considering some weather people get.How sad for these with earthquakes happening etc.I pray the God Lord helps the ones who have lost.Your boss is a very lucky man but then again if he has worked for his money he deserves all he has.Looking forward to your update.Until then.Have a wonderful time with your wonderful family.They are a credit to you and you desrve the rest too.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I Love thought of the day.
Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend. Looking forward to hearing about your weekend.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

How lovely that you can get away each weekend with your family.  Of course it's nice when you have good weather but you know what they say..... a change is as good as a rest!! ~~ Pat http://journals.aol.co.uk/pm71blackfen/ramblings-from-pat/

Anonymous said...

You have a great weekend at the camper...hugs and love,
Joyce
PS...my computer problems, for the moment seem to be resolved.  So happy you have your laptop...hugs,

Anonymous said...

Take pictures! I love to share your weekends with you!
Hugs..Pam

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your weekend..
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/