Tuesday, May 6, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 5, PAGE 6

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.

Oprah Winfrey

Never again clutter your days or nights

with so many menial and unimportant things

that you have no time to accept a real challenge

 when it comes along.

This applies to play as well as work.

A day merely survived is no cause for celebration.

You are not here to fritter away your precious

hours when you have the ability to accomplish so much

by making a slight change in your routine.

No more busy work. No more hiding from success.

Leave time, leave space, to grow.

Now. Now! Not tomorrow!

Og Mandino

Nobody expects us to be always productive, never to relax. But there's a difference between relaxing and wasting time with menial tasks--and it's up to us to be sure that what we're doing is helping us to grow and mature and become the people we're meant to be

GOOD MORNING !

Someone once said I’m just thankful that wrinkles don’t hurt. That is something to celebrate for sure. Each day it seems I’m finding more and more. I’m always amazed that inside I’m still the me I always was, but outside I’m getting older and older.

Oh I know the parts and pieces inside of me are probably wearing out too, but in my heart I’m still the same. I think now I know the meaning of the phrase ‘Young at Heart’ .

We are supposed to have some more Spring showers here today but it is warmer and things are bright and colorful everywhere you look. Even with the dark clouds there is plenty of evidence that the sunshine has been around.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Celebrate what's working in your life and in your world, and those few things that are not working will hardly be able to even slow you down.

Celebrate what's working, and it will increasingly work even better for you.

Ralph Marston

Here’s wishing

That each day of yours

Be BRIGHT

And BEAUTIFUL!

MA

 

graphics by:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's food for thought!  How glad I am that wrinkles don't hurt!
Have a great day, Ma, and walk in Sonshine!   Love,  Pat

Anonymous said...

I used to work in a Doc's office that specialized in geriatrics. These 70-80 yr olds would come in and I'd ask 'em "How old do you feel in your head?" Most of them said about 35yrs old or so!! I thought that was interesting.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I am behind yet again :-). I agree, celebrate now before we can barely move :P

xoxo