Sunday, July 17, 2005

SOGGY SATURDAY / SUDDENLY SUNDAY

 

Good Morning ! 

I'm slowly waking up this morning and have NO quips or quotes to give you yet.  I am sipping coffee , but barely moving.

 

Yesterday was lots of fun even though we had lots of rain and steamy weather.  My two dulcimer buddies and I traveled to Family Camp # 2 yesterday.  It was supposed to be 1 and a half hours travel , but turned out to be almost 3 by the time I picked everyone up and we stopped for breakfast on the way.  In between showers we all had fun.  We spent alot of time in the screened in tents trying to keep dry.  As you can see - the kids went with a Hawaiin  theme - lots of nice colorful shirts etc.

 

The food was delicious and everyone enjoyed getting together !  A few of the goodies included, cabobs with ham and pineapple, smoked sausage and pineapple cabobs , grilled garlic shrimp, grilled porkchops, baked potatoes  that were baked several different ways, potato salad, corn on the cob grilled in the husks and of course, my devilled eggs.  There were lots of other things too, just can't remember them all !.  I don't have a camper or tent so I just go for the day and enjoy it when I can.  I took birthday cake and presents along too - as we have several summer birthdays , so had to take advantage of the family gathering to celebrate them too !

We were at Mohican Wilderness - a beautiful campground near Mohican State Forest in central Ohio. 

One of my dulcimer buddies had her grandson with us too - 'Reeciecup' really enjoyed the trip and was such a good little boy.  He wasn't in the car 5 minutes after we headed home and he was sound asleep !  Big day all around.

Some of the guys and gals went tubing on the river, but were caught in a heavy downpour...they were all quite soggy, but as the temp was in the 90's it felt good, just very steamy !

I'll be back to the quips and quotes with tomorrow morning's coffee.  Just had to share some of my fun yesterday  !

 

 

Have a great day ! 

I'm off to church and then time to get ready for another work week !

 

MA

camping graphics by: www.hshpgraphics.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed your camping entry.  The pics were fun and it sounds like the food sure was good and plentiful.  I know everyone had a good time despite the rain.
Have a good work week.  
Oh, I love the graphics.  Went along so well with your entry.  
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Loved the grand dogs pics. We took our crew of course. Man I love the hawwi stuff all over and that cake did you save me a piece???????

Anonymous said...

How fun that you get to drive and meet up with your family for some camping... I liked the "Guys" and "Gals" pictures. :)
Have a great week!
Linda