Monday, July 18, 2005

   

 Nothing great was ever achieved with out enthusiasm.  

 Ralph Waldo Emerson  

 

    Good Monday Morning !  

 

I'm up and sipping that good coffee right now !   This weekend I finished my summer Bible study and am giving my 'What's New at My House' journal a summer break.  It was a good study and definitely helped me with some spiritual growth.  Things are going to be really busy around my house until after the middle of August , so I thought I'd better stick with only one journal for now.  I'll resume the other one after the wedding.  I have my house to get in order and lots to prepare for DS#6's wedding August 13th.  I did finish painting the shower gift for them this weekend.  Good thing too - the shower is next Saturday !   

 I'll still be updating this journal everyday !  

 Here's a little story to start your day...  

   

 I Hope You Dance...

This was written by an 83-year-old woman to her friend.   The last line says it all.

Dear Bertha,

I'm reading more and dusting less. I'm sitting in the yard and admiring the view without fussing about the weeds in the garden.  I'm spending more time with my family and friends and less time working.
 
Whenever possible, life should be a pattern of experiences to savor, not to endure. I'm trying to recognize these moments now and cherish them.

I'm not "saving" anything; we use our good china and crystal for every special event such as losing a pound, getting the sink unstopped, or the
first Amaryllis blossom.

I wear my good blazer to the market. My theory is if I look prosperous, I can shell out $28.49 for one small bag of groceries. I'm not saving my good
perfume for special parties, but wearing it for clerks in the hardware store and tellers at the bank.

"Someday" and "one of these days" are losing their grip on my vocabulary. If it's worth seeing or hearing or doing, I want to see and hear and do it now.

I'm not sure what others would've done had they known they wouldn't be here for the tomorrow that we all take for granted. I think they would have called family members and a few close friends.  They might have called a few former friends to apologize and mend fences for past squabbles. I like to think they would have gone out for a Chinese dinner or for whatever their favorite food was.

I'm guessing; I'll never know.

It's those little things left undone that would make me angry if I knew my hours were limited.  Angry because I hadn't written certain letters that I intended to write one of these days. Angry and sorry that I didn't tell my husband and parents often enough how much I truly love them.  
  I'm trying very hard not to put off, hold back, or save anything that would add laughter and luster to our lives.  And every morning when I open my eyes, tell myself that it is special.

Every day, every minute, every breath truly is a gift from God.  Miracles are in the everyday.  You just have to open your eyes and there they are!




Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!



Have a Wonderful Blessed Day

 

(((Hugs)))

 

MA

 

Be beautiful inside, in your hearts, with the lasting charm of a gentle and quiet spirit which is so precious to God

1 Peter 3:4

 

 Friends graphics by www.graphicgarden.com

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah I love that story so much

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that verse at the bottom about the quiet gentle heart which pleases God.  A reminder on this WILD day in HR on a Monday morning.  Interviews, job openings to post, to list with the state, Job ads to write, employee issues, helping w/payroll, tons of projects that need finishing, a phone that won't quit ringing and paperwork galore that requires signatures, or computer entries (and usually tied to someone's paycheck)....so I am on lunch right now, taking a break from the rat race.........even though one person has come in anyway.  I am hoping to make some progress though.  Anyway, now you see where I must try and have a nice quiet gentle heart... with all this going on it makes me want to scream instead and that would not be pleasing!!!  LOL.  
Sonya