Thursday, March 23, 2006

THANKFULLY THURSDAY

CHAPTER 3, PAGE 23

There are two days in every week

 about which we should not worry,

Two days which should be kept free

from fear and apprehension.

One of these days is Yesterday

with all its mistakes and cares,

its faults and blunders,

its aches and pains.

Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control.

All the money in the world cannot bring back Yesterday.

We cannot undo a single act we performed;

we cannot erase a single word we said.

 Yesterday is gone forever.

The other day we should not worry about is

Tomorrow with all its possible adversities,

its burdens, its large promise and its poor performance;

Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control.

Tomorrow's sun will rise,

either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds, 

but it will rise.

Until it does,

we have no stake in Tomorrow,

for it is yet to be born.

This leaves only one day, Today.

Any person can fight the battle of just one day.

It is when you and I add the burdens

of those two awful eternities Yesterday and Tomorrow

that we break down.

It is not the experience of Today

that drives a person mad,

it is the remorse or bitterness of

something which happened Yesterday

and the dread of what Tomorrow may bring.

Let us, therefore, Live but one day at a time.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

I try not to make too many plans or worry about the future and live that one day at a time. If I falter and start thinking of either yesterday or tomorrow it just throws me way out of kilter.

Over the past 14 years I’ve even found times that I must live minute by minute not even day by day. I’ve found that keeping focused on the present and making the most of that time is what is important.

If I can bring a smile to someone’s face or cheer someone that is downhearted it really makes my day. Lately, I fear I haven’t been doing so well at that, I’d better be trying a little harder.

So…this morning I’m up , sipping the good coffee and will soon leave for work. If I can make it that far then I’ll consider the rest of the day. The good Lord willing – it will be a great day !

Thought for Today:

Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark

George Iles

May your day be blessed with a few smiles and a little sunshine to warm your heart.

 MA

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes right now Im minute by minute second by escond the crud is bad here. Hubby got it now

Anonymous said...

You bring smiles every day with this journal. You may not know who's smiling and feeling better but you are making it happen, young lady. : )
Angela

Anonymous said...

You most certainly do bring smiles every day with your journal, it is just that you can't see them  Doesn't mean that they are not out there though. I am also sure that you brighten many people's day at work and elsewhere. Maybe they just do not tell you about it. However, as with life, some days are better than others, and there are times that you just have to sit back and let someone else bring a smile to your day. Maybe today is one of those days. That's what friends are for.

Anonymous said...

You always bring a smile to my face when I read your creative, insightful, motivating journal entries :)

betty