Thursday, March 2, 2006

Thankffully Thursday

CHAPTER 3, PAGE 2

 

and for the time when all the sun's rays zoom.

When all of the winter's slush and snow are banned,

and when the birds can try their hand.

I long for a time when the grayness of winter disappears,

and then the birds' sweet songs, I hear.

The time for these things are just around the corner,

I know, but for now, the chilly winds continue to grow.

The leaves on the trees slowly flutter to the ground,

not making even the faintest whisper of a sound.

The snow blankets the frozen earth,

making people long for the the next season's birth.

But alas, the cold winter days are not yet through,

but do not despair, for the sky will soon be blue.

So until the winter days have past,

 we'll have to wait out the winter,

as we have winters past.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

In an e-mail from the Fly Lady yesterday, she said the red buds are blooming and it would be 74 degrees in Charlotte, NC. In Ohio, however, it’s in the lower 30’s and still cold….

But we are thankful to know that Spring is on it’s way! I’m beginning to feel like it’s just around the corner. I’m looking forward to wearing lighter clothing and longer daylight hours.

On my list for Lent ….

Give up complaining——focus on gratitude

I almost complained, but didn’t – did I???

***BIG SMILE***

I HOPE you all are blessed with a few smiles and a little sunshine to warm your heart!

 MA

Thought For Today--

that perches in the soul and sings

the tune without the words

and never stops... at all.

Emily Dickinson

 

graphics by:

 

www.graphicscupboard.com

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, this month the clocks change and the evenings will be lighter.  I am sure we will all benefit from more lights.  Too cold yet so say Spring is on the way but it cannot be far off

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

right here in ky we h it sixty nine yesterday but today back to cold im thankful for one day and hope for many more soon

Anonymous said...

I just saw your new purse today.... its a pretty one and looks like it will be handy too. I could not find a new one yet but I will keep looking or haul out one of my old ones :) My red one is so nice but I need something else this month to get ready for spring .... yours is the perfect shade of green for that too. hope it warms up soon. We are having snow today again. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Good one to give up. Hmmm. I'm trying to think if I complain to much. LOL! : )
Angela

Anonymous said...

Praising the Lord for you today!

betty

Anonymous said...

A beautiful entry. Without hope there is no future, and without winter there would be no spring.
Sylvia xx