Wednesday, March 8, 2006

It's MY BIRTHDAY !

CHAPTER 3, PAGE 8

Look to this day,

For it is life,

the very life of life.

In its brief course lie all the verities

and realities of your existence;

the bliss of growth, the glory of action,

the splendor of beauty.

For yesterday is but a dream

And tomorrow is only a vision,

But today well lived makes every

yesterday a dream of happiness

and every tomorrow a vision of hope.

Look well, therefore to this day,

such is the salutation of the dawn.

The Sufi, 1200 BC

GOOD MORNING!

I’m celebrating 62 years of blessings today! WOW – when I was young I remember thinking how old 62 was... somehow the years fly by and even though I feel like the same person, I’m not. I knowthat you’re only as old as you feel and right now I’m feeling every single one of those years.

***BIG SMILE***

On my list for Lent:

Give up hatred——return good for evil

I don’t hate being older, I really am thankful for the joys and sorrows I’ve had over the years. I’d never want to change anything I’ve experienced because it has all shaped me into the person I am today.

Thought for today--

Every day we are given the opportunity to remake ourselves and to remake this world. No matter what our age we have the potential to grow and learn and change. No matter what our age, we have the potential to give and teach and enlighten.

Never stop making birthday wishes

May God grant you many years to live, For sure He must be knowing The earth has angels all too few And heaven is overflowing. Traditional Irish Blessing

MA

 

 

GRAPHICS BY:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday toyou
happybirthday to you
happy birthday dear friend
happybirthday to you!!!!!!!!!! and many more with blessings to cmoe
sung just a tad off key LOL

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday dear friend and many happy returns. You and I are the same age.  Have a wonderful day.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Have a GREAT birthday!  Keep on the sunny side.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a great day.... you are just a youngster .... I was just 69 and still kickin..... knock on wood, LOL  

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!! You have such a great attitude! Love it! Enjoy the day!

betty

Anonymous said...

My mother was born on March 8th! : ) I hit that number in May. Goes by so fast. Doesn't it? : )

Happy Birthday,
Angela

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh .... Happy Birthday Wishes to you and all the very best for your 62nd. I totally agree, the years do fly by so quickly and it is almost scary. I think somedays my body just feels as old as it is, but my heart is still a youngster. Hope your day will be a special one and may your birthday wishes come true !!