Friday, March 17, 2006

I'm wearing the GREEN today

Chapter 3, page 17

May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

The rain fall soft upon your fields,

And until we meet again,

May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Top o' the mornin' to you,

Yesterday morning when I left for work I noticed that the pussy willow tree by the driveway was in bloom. I guess that is what you call it when those little fuzzy things come on the branches. It’s a sure sign Spring is on the way !

According to the weatherman we missed out on our winter storm and are going to be blessed with a partially clear day ! Still on the cold side here but a little brighter and greener each day.

Thought for today:

As you slide down the banister of life, May the splinters never point in the wrong direction

I love these Irish Blessings and have enjoyed posting them. My mom says that we are 1/7 Irish . I also have Hungarian, English, German, Dutch, French and American Indian blood. Today though, I’m wearing my green and carrying my green March purse and have a loaf of Irish Soda Bread to celebrate with later.

May you always find Blue skies above your head,

Shamrocks beneath your feet,

Laughter and joy aplenty

And kindness from all you meet

 

MA

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

may your day be blessed also yes I hope spinrg arrives soon we also got a little blessing of a decent day yesterday but cold today

Anonymous said...

I never heard the one about the splinters. I love it. LOL!
Happy St. Patrick's Day,
Angela

Anonymous said...

I'm a wee bit Irish too from my great grandmother...
Happy St Patrick's Day!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Pats.