Saturday, March 11, 2006

Saturday - March birthdays celebration

CHAPTER 3, PAGE 11

March is an in between month,

When wintry winds are high.

But milder days remind us all,

Spring's coming by and by

GOOD MORNING !

Most of my family is gathering here today to celebrate our March birthdays. My birthday and also that DDIL#6. We’re taking a trip into the Westside Market in Cleveland and then will go out to dinner and home again for cake and icecream.

DS#1 wanted to see the market after he saw a tv special about it. We live close to many things to visit and see and rarely go further than our own little town. It should be a fun day for all.

I spent the night at the folks, as they neither one are doing real great right now.  I went to bed after 1 and got up at 5 trying to be awake when they were.  But I failed to wake at 3 when my Mom called and my Dad got up with her after all... I sleep too soundly.  Came home about 8:30 this morning and need to get ready for the babes coming in.  DS#6 and his wife came in last night and decorated the house while I was gone...streamers and balloons !

On my list for Lent:

Give up pettiness——become mature

Don’t we all find ourselves overwhelmed with the little things. Little things that don’t go right. When something big comes along we wonder why we ever thought it worth while to even think about those little things…

Maturity : fully aged, prime of life , mellowness, That defines what I am all right !

Thought for today –

Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world.

Virgil A. Kraft

May the friendships you make,

Be those which endure,

And all of your grey clouds

Be small ones for sure.

And trusting in Him

To Whom we all pray,

May a song fill your heart,

Every step of the way - Irish Blessing

MA

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah its nice to live near activities to be close to

Anonymous said...

I hope you all have a wonderful day today.... it sounds like a nice time and I can't wait for the pictures either... :) Hope your Mom and Dad are feeling better very soon. Sandra

Anonymous said...

how sweet you came home to a decorated house! enjoy the day and celebration

betty

Anonymous said...

Sorry mom and dad aren't doing well right now...
So nice that your house was all festive for you!
Hope you had a great day!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you have had a good day out!  We have too.
Sonya