Thursday, March 30, 2006

CHAPTER 3, PAGE 30

Desperately, helplessly, longingly,

I cried, and quietly, patiently, God replied.

I had pled and wept for a clue to my fate,

yet the Master just said, "Child, you must wait."

Wait? You say, wait, was my indignant reply,

Lord, I need answers, I need to know why.

Is your hand so short? Have you not heard?

By faith, I have asked, I am claiming your Word.

My future and all to which I can relate

Now hangs in the balance.

And you tell me to "wait."

I need a "yes," a go-ahead sign,

or even a "no" to which I resign.

Besides Lord, you promised that

if we believe we need but to ask,

and we shall receive.

So Lord, I've been asking.

This is my cry, I'm weary of asking.

I need a reply. Then quietly, softly,

I learned of my fate.

The Master replied,

"My child, please wait."

So I slumped in my chair, defeated and taut,

and grumbled to God,

"Okay, I am waiting, but for what?"

He then seemed to kneel,

His eyes wept with mine, and tenderly said,

"I could give you a sign.

I could shake the heavens, darken the sun,

I could raise the dead and cause the mountains to run.

All you seek, I could give.

And then pleased you would be?

You would have what you wanted,

but you wouldn't know Me.

You'd know not the depth of My love, my dear saint;

You'd know not the power I give to the faint;

You'd not learn to see through the clouds of despair,

that you need to trust, trusting simply, 'I'm here.'

You'd know not the joy of resting in Me,

when darkness and silence are all you can see;

You'd not experience all of My love,

when the peace of My Spirit descends like a dove.

Oh, you'd know that I give, and I save ...

for a start, but you'd miss the real joy

of the depths of My heart.

You'd miss the glow of My comfort

through the night and the faith

that I give when you walk without sight.

There's a depth far beyond getting what you ask;

the depth of My grace, getting what lasts.

You'd not know, should your pain quickly flee,

what it means when I say, 'My grace is sufficient for thee.'

You'd have dreams for your loved ones,

that's true, but you'd miss, oh you'd miss,

what I'm doing in you.

So be silent, My child, in time you will see,

that the greatest gift is to get to know Me.

And though oft My answers seem terribly late,

My most precious answer still is, 'Just wait.'"

author unknown

My beautiful Mum went home to the Lord Wednesday morning. The viewing will be Thursday and the Funeral on Friday. One of my dear friends said – She got her Easter early ! So true!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Have you everwatched kids on a merry-go-round

Or listened to the rain slapping on the ground?

Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight

Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?

You better slow down

Don't dance so fast

Time is short

The music won't last

Do you run through each day on the fly

When you ask "How are you?" do you hear the reply?

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few smiles and a little sunshine to warm your heart.

Love to you all!

Ma

 

graphics by:

www.graphicscupboard.com

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your family are in my prayers today. May your lovely Mother rest in peace. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Sending special thoughts to you and your family...
Hugs!
Linda

Anonymous said...

OH man that was too fast too soon. IM so so so sorry. I know you know she i s better now but your heart aches and misses her. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

Anonymous said...

she's rejoicing with the Lord right now.

keeping your family in my prayers and thoughts

betty

Anonymous said...

Your mum is smiling down on you from a much better place. My condolences to you and your family, and especially to your dad as he will be feeling a little lost and lonely without his life long partner. I know that in the next few days you will be hearing many affirmations about how wonderful your mother was, what she meant to people, how kind, generous and thoughtful she was, and how much they will miss her. The world has lost a special person and heaven has gained a new angel. With Sympathy.....

Anonymous said...

May God bless her beautiful soul, as He holds her lovingly in his arms.
My thoughts are with you.

Angela

Anonymous said...

God Bless You and Deepest Condolences for your loss!
hugs and love,natalie

Anonymous said...

I'm so very very sorry, great poem and you have my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ma....I didn't realize.......I'm so sorry.
I'm catching up and reading backwards.  Now I see why your family is there.
I'm so sorry dear.  You know that I KNOW what you are going through.  Many prayers, and sweet hugs to you.  I KNOW that you KNOW that YOUR FATHER is also holding on to you tightly and he will show you things and cause you to be aware of things like you never knew dudring this time.  Each death is different.  He handles us differently with each one, but HE is ALWAYS there and HE is WITH YOU NOW.
Love you, sweet internet friend.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

dear marainey, i came across you journal by accident, and wanted to offer my condolences--oddly, my mom passed on 3/27--but i am thinking that your mom was probably much younger than mine (87).  i do hope that you will be able to continue to write in your little songs--like the song birds who greet the morning even after one of them has been lost--God bless you.