Sunday, March 12, 2006

R&R for body and soul

Spring still makes spring in the mind,

When sixty years are told;

Love wakes anew this throbbing heart,

And we are never old.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

GOOD MORNING !

I’m off to church as usual for a Sunday morning.

I had a wonderful day yesterday!  The babes surprised me with lots of gifts.  I now have wireless, meaning I can pick my laptop up and go anywhere in the house with it...I also have new phones that are connected to the internet...no more land line and I have a new vacumm sweeper that works like a dream.  The newlyweds also gave me my own personal www. So if you want to connect to my pages on the web you can go to www.bigmarainey.com and my homepage will come up!  

I won’t have to get up early for work tomorrow morning, but I will have to be up early to go stay with my mom. My sister and dad plan on leaving around 5 a.m and I will be there with her while they are gone.  I’ll be gone all day, so I’d better get everything ready for the work week today.

On my list for Lent:

Give up gloom——enjoy the beauty that is all around you

The dreary days of winter are gloomy but Spring isn't far off…I try to put that ***BIG SMILE*** on every day and make my own sunshine, but it’s not always easy. If we take the time to look there is beauty even in the darkness.

Thought for Today

Spring weather is like a child’s face,

changing three times a day.

Chinese proverb.

May your day be blessed with a few smiles and a little sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an interesting and fun day you must have had and you got some really nice gifts too didn't you... Happy Birthday again. Sandra

Anonymous said...

WOW! It was like Christmas at your house. : ) I'm with you......Carrot Cake. : )

Happy Birthday again,
Angela

Anonymous said...

great gifts you got! So neat your family gave you some thoughtful, useful, practical gifts to make life easier for you! The cakes look delicious. I bet the tour of the brewery was interesting!

enjoy the day!

betty

Anonymous said...

looks like a wondeful time. yes I need some R anD R I just feel asleep at the pc

Anonymous said...

Oh, happy birthday!!!!!  Happy Happy Happy, birthday.  I liked all your gifts and loved the pic of you all with your March purses.  That was great!!!!
Hope you all had a nice time.
I'm trying to catch up as usual.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Wow what a great bday you had!!!!
Thinking of you, mom, dad and your sis.....
Have a good week!
Linda :)