Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Wednesday ! Over the Hump Day !

 

Dear God,

There are no words for the depth of my love for my grandchildren.
I pray for their care and  protection.
I surrender them into Your hands.
Please, dear God, send Your angels to bless and surround them always.
May they be protected from the darkness of our times.
May they  always see You at the center of their life.
May their heart grow strong,
To love You and serve You.
I surrender, dear God, my grand parenthood to You.
Make me the grandparent You want me to be.
Show me how to love most patiently, to be there for them most fully,
To understand profoundly who they are and what they need.
May this family  be a blessing unto them now and forever.
May they learn here values and principles of love and righteousness.
May they learn from me kindness.
May they learn from me strength.
May they learn from me the lessons of power:
That they have it and must surrender it to You, to be used for Your purposes throughout their life
For thus shall You be gladdened,
And thus shall they be free,
To live most fully and love most deeply.
That is my wish.
That is my prayer for them and for me forever.

AMEN

 

GOOD MORNING !

I'm still alive and functioning...just bearly !  We did a lot of walking and talking, laughing and sweating yesterday at Cedar Point.  It was a hot day, but the breeze off Lake Erie felt really good when you were in the shade.

Maybe you all will be glad that I'm not the one processing your payroll today.  That's what I'll be doing at work today - say a little prayer that my brain works right !

Today DS#6 comes home to get ready for their wedding Saturday. It will be here in our hometown church, where he grew up !   He's got a meeting tonight with the DJ and tomorrow I think they will all pick up their tux's...my it's getting so close.  Months and months of preparation went into all this and I know they're trying to make it extra special.  I'm sure it'll be a day they'll never forget.

I'll be sipping (maybe gulping) that good coffee lots today !

***BIG SMILE***

and (((hugs)))

MA

 

    graphics by:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh it looks like you had a wonderful day....such a pretty area.  Good pics.
Have fun with payroll.  We always process ours on Monday.  I don't have to do payroll anymore....except that I am the back up.  It is now an accounting function instead of an HR function.  Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

love your pics and those willows are beautiful. Yeah You need a day off to get over your day off.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed all the pictures of your grandbabies... What a busy couple of weeks you are having! Almost wedding time. How exciting!
Linda

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful prayer! You are such an awesome Grandma! You make me think of my grandmas, who are with God now. I was so blessed to have them, as are your grandkids to have u!
Thanks so much for your knid words and prayers for my cousin!
God bless, Beckie