Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A BETTER DAY

  The longer I live
The more I realize the impact of attitude on life.
Attitude, to me, is more important than the past,
Than education,
Than money,
Than circumstances,
Than failures,
Than success,
Than what other people think or say or do.

It is more important than appearance,
Giftedness or skill.
It will make or break an organization,
A school, a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day
Regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.
We cannot change our past.
We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way.
We cannot change the inevitable.

The only thing we can do
Is play the string we have.
And that is our attitude.

I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me
And 90 percent how I react to it.
And so it is with you
 

    GOOD MORNING !  

I'm doing much better at smiling this morning.  It's amazing what a little rest will do.  I heard indirectly from the newlyweds Monday evening.  They watched the sun rise  from the airplane that morning.  They've got their dinners and tours booked for the week and they even managed to get a nap in !  I guess they only had 2 hours of sleep before leaving for the airport Monday morning. I'm sure it'll be a week they'll never forget!   

 My entry yesterday morning got lost in AOL land someplace - I hope this one stays put!  

 Make it a great day !

 Be Blessed!

MA

 

     A smile is quite a funny thing; It wrinkles up your face; And when it's gone, you cannot
find Its secret hiding place.
"But far more wonderful it is To see what smiles can do. You smile at one, he smiles at you,  And so one smile makes two.

"He smiles at someone, since you smiled,
 And then that one smiles back; And that one smiles until in truth You fail in keeping track.

"And since a smile can do great good
 By cheering hearts of care, Let's smile and smile, and not forget That smiles go everywhere

      

 GRAPHICS BY www.graphicgarden.com

  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah I got some sleep last night and feel much better today

Anonymous said...

Nice entry...I love the lighthouse.
And so glad the honeymooners are doing well and on their way to get away and start their life together.  
The honeymoon provides a lot of memories.
Glad you are getting rest.  I wanted to sleep in more....have to wait til the weekend and by then, I won't sleep, LOL.
Sonya