Sunday, August 21, 2005

SUDDENLY SUNDAY !

 

It's wond'rous what a                  
hug can do. A hug can
cheer you when you're blue. A     
hug can say, "I love you so"        
or, "Gee I hate to see you go".      
A hug is, "Welcome back again!"   
and "Great to see you!" or              
"Where've you been?"A hug can     
soothe a small child's pain and     
bring a rainbow after rain. The     
hug! There's just no doubt              
about it, we scarcely could            
survive without it. No longer          
do you have to worry, for a hug       
is the way to say "I'm sorry."            
A hug delights and warms and charms,
it must be why we all have arms.
Hugs are great for Fathers and
Mothers sweet for Sister, swell
for Brothers. Chances are some
favorite Aunts love them more
than potted plants. Kittens
crave them. Puppies love them.
Heads of State are not above
them.A hug can break the
language barrier and make the
dullest day seem merrier. No
need to fret about the store of
'em. The more you give the more
there are of 'em. So stretch
those arms without delay, and
GIVE SOMEONE A HUG TODAY!

Author Unkown

 

Good Morning !

Happy Sunday to you !  I'm off to church a little earlier  than usual this morning but it still much better than going off to work. I guess weekends wouldn't seem like such a treat if we had them everyday !  I put some cinnamon rolls in the oven and by the time I get done with this post, they should be ready !

I read in the aol journal news that we will have a journal outage tomorrow morning before 4 and 6 a.m. so I guess I'll not try to do an early post, but wait til after I get to work to make one. 

The rains Saturday are supposed to clear out the humidity and by Monday we'll be in the low 70's.  Hard to believe...the forcast shows night time temps in the 50's!

It's been a long time since we were that chilly.

Maybe I can open up some windows and turn off the a/c!!!

By the middle of the week though we'll be back up in the 80's.

Take some time to bless your spirit today - we all need that r&r for the soul before we go back to work tomorrow!

Ma

  I Cannot Pray (the Lord's Prayer)

I cannot say OUR if my religion has no room for others and their needs.

I cannot say FATHER if I do not demonstrate this relationship in my daily
life.

I cannot say WHO ART IN HEAVEN if all my interests and pursuits are in
earthly things.

I cannot say HALLOWED BE THY NAME if I, who am called by his name am not
holy.

I cannot say THY KINGDOM COME if I am unwilling to give up my own
sovereignty and accept the righteous reign of God.

I cannot say THY WILL BE DONE if I am unwilling or resentful of having it in
my life.

I cannot say ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN unless I am truly ready to give
myself to his service here and now.

I cannot say GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD without expending honest
effort for it or by ignoring the genuine needs of my fellow men.

I cannot say FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS
AGAINST
US if I continue to harbor a grudge against anyone.

I cannot say LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION if I deliberately choose to remain
in a situation where I am likely to be tempted.

I cannot say DELIVER US FROM EVIL if I am not prepared to fight in the
spiritual realm with the weapon of prayer.

I cannot say THINE IS THE KINGDOM if I do not give the King the disciplined
obedience of a loyal subject.

I cannot say THINE IS THE POWER if I fear what my neighbors and friends may
say or do.

I cannot say THINE IS THE GLORY if I am seeking my own glory first.

I cannot say FOREVER if I am too anxious about each day's affairs.

I cannot say AMEN unless I honestly say,
Cost what it may, this is my
prayer.

Unknown

   
 

 

the graphics by:
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH my Now i want cinnamon rolls.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE the I Cannot Pray prayer.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I don't think our cool front is going to take us below mid eighties, but still 10 degrees cooler is something.  Eventually the fronts will begin their approach southward.  
Have a good work week.  
Like you, I think I will not even try to get on the journal tomorrow - but wait until tomorrow night.
Sonya